March 16, 2012

A long entry where I whine about a little dog bite because it's the worst injury I've ever had

I had an assessment, interview and simulated assembly exercise as GM recently. Like earlier this week. I'm super stoked, hopefully they call before the end of the semester. I'm drowning in class.

I was dying my hair yesterday. I dyed the brown to even out the color, it was getting all fadey. I also put chunks of bleach that will hopefully peak out of my hair between the top and bottom layers. I planned on dying those sections teal, but I needed to reapply the bleach and let it process for about 15 more minutes to get it light enough, and while I was letting it naturally dry I went outside and Dan stopped on his four wheeler and apparently our dogs were fighting and he wanted to break them up.

The fuckers wouldn't budge, so he yelled for my help and I was trying to pull dodger away from Dan's dog, and being retarded (I haven't dealt with dogs fighting) I got my hand too close to their mouths and now my finger is cut open at a sickening angle and the tissue inside is puffing out. I had to go to the ER, and they couldn't stitch it up since it's a bite. I feel sick every time I have to clean it (and pretty much cry, because it's gross and it hurts, and it still bleeds a bit.) Hopefully it doesn't get infected, since I can't hope for quick healing with how bad it looks. Ibuprofen has helped keep the pain low, but it hasn't done much for the swelling (I suspect it isn't swollen, and it's just horribly bruised in the inside and the tissue is just puffing out because of the angle. )

I'm also lucky no tendons, nerves or muscles were hurt. Just skin and tissue. I can't use my finger at all though, and it even limits the use of my whole hand because moving other fingers pulls the skin, pulling the bandage which is attached to the wound.

Typing without your index finger is awkward and hard. Everything without your dominant index finger is hard, I totally appreciate the fact that I still have my finger. I've been taking little things like hair brushing for granted fir a long time. It's not until you risk running hair along a gaping wound that you realize how good you have it. I have NO idea how I'm going to wash my hair, since the bandage will get wet so I'll probably use it as breathing/rinsing/cleaning time... but no force on this planet will make me touch my hair without the bandage.

It hasn't bled through this bandage yet. :D It bled through the last one after an hour, which means it hasn't broken open yet. I'm heeeealing,

XoXo,
S

No comments: