July 25, 2011

ass patting

I got a new job. I left my old one. I don't like my new job so I quit about 2 weeks later. I'm unemployed. My brother said he'd get me back in at Wendy's. Kent may not like it, but fuck if I'm quitting again any time soon. I worked full time for two years and minimum wage (and 3 years part time, same pay, before that.) and all I want are some part time hours to get me by with money. I applied for a lot of places, hopefully some of them call back. I'd be happier to work 25-30 odd hours a week at two jobs than 30-40 at one. And if after a while, one is more seriously interested in me than the other, I can probably get a pay raise and cut my hours at the other one even more.

Now that I think about it, how many people do I know personally from wendy's that have left at least once and still work there now/worked there again for at least a year... Almost everyone I know. Including a few people who were/are assistant managers, co managers and crew leaders.

I'm asking for about a 1-2 quarter raise, though. We're supposed to get at LEAST a nickle raise every 6 months. I think that makes up for the raises I haven't gotten, and we all know I won't get another one any time soon. :\

I want to get back into the crafty things I used to do. I made like 6 dread falls (individual falls, not sets.) and if I got a $30 steamer I could do more. The hair only cost like $3 a pack, and 3 packs can make a set that I can sell for at LEAST $30. I can fucking sew for christ sake. I even have a surger that I can finish edges with if I really want to look less like an amateur. I can do a lot of things, and I'm tired of putting myself down and not giving myself any credit just because I'm too self conscious to realize I'm worth something. I AM. I'm worth a fucking lot. How adorable were the plushies I made? so cute you could DIE. Imagine if I used fleece instead of felt? and learned to efficiently sew by hand?

Bottom line is, I need to stop thinking about all the things I'm not good at, everything I haven't accomplished (yet) and everything I'm not good at, because they don't define me. :)

And you know what? I'm quiet. I'm shy. I would definitely like to be a little more outspoken, but I also value my personality. I dislike loud people, why should I strive to be like them just because other people can't be bothered to get to know me unless I shout my likes and dislikes at them?

I'm feeling pumped up
XoXo,
S

No comments: